Submission Guidelines for Eligible Entries:
- Submissions are open from Wednesday, March 1st to Friday, March 31st
- Poems must follow this year’s theme of Spring
- Limited to one submission per person
- This contest is open to all ages
- One winner will be chosen from each age group including grades K-2, grades 3-5, grades 6-12, and adults
- Poem submissions should be limited to one page in length with a minimum font size of 12
- All forms of written poetry accepted
- Submitted work should be original and not previously published or plagiarized
- Submissions can be in any language. Please include a translation with your submission so your work may be fully appreciated
- First place prizes will be awarded to one entry from each age group
How to Enter:
- All poems will be voted on anonymously; do not put your name or contact information on your work
- Paper submission forms are available on the library’s website and at the Circulation Desk. Return your completed submission form and poem to the Circulation Desk by Friday, March 31st to enter.
- To submit your poem online, please visit tewksburypl.org to complete the online form and submit your work.
- Please note that any handwritten submissions will be typed up by library staff for accessibility purposes
To celebrate National Poetry Month in April, submitted poems will be put on display on the first floor of the library so all who visit TPL may enjoy these creative works and vote for their favorites in each age group. Public voting begins Monday, April 3rd and ends Friday, April 14th. A reception and prize ceremony will be held Tuesday April 25th in the Meeting Room on the first floor. Additional details to be announced in April. Please check the library’s event calendar at tewksburypl.org for updates.
For more information on the 2023 Poetry Contest at TPL, please visit tewksburypl.org or call 978-640-4490.