- Trash & Recycling
- Simple Recycling - Schedule a Pickup
Simple Recycling - Schedule a Pickup
Simple Recycling Pickup
Simple Recycling will now be conducting scheduled pickups
- Residents will be now be required to schedule their pickups by either visiting the Simple Recycling website or they may go to their municipal website to schedule their pickup as well.
- The pickups will now be a the front door instead of the curb.
- The Pink bags will be eliminated from the program. Resident must provide their clean and dry recyclable material in self-provided bags or boxes
- Once the zip code is entered, a calendar will appear showing the resident what days are available for scheduling.
We are happy to provide this service as we always have at no cost. This new system will result in increase convenience for the resident because they will decide when the pickup will occur. There'll be a significant reduction in missed pickups as well.
What is Simple Recycling?
Before you throw that item into your trash consider Simple Recycling.
According to Simple Recycling: 85% of clothing ends up in a landfill - only 15% is recycled.
This free program is not a charity but an optional way for residents to discard unwanted items. If you choose not to donate your items to a charity this is an option to consider before you put it into your trash. Here is an example of what they will take making more room in your trash cart and keeping it out of a landfill.
- Men's Clothing
- Women's Clothing
- Children's Clothing
- Coats and Jackets
- Sleeping Bags
What Does Simple Recycling Do With Collections?
All of the materials are graded and sorted locally and/or regionally based on quality and condition. The top quality materials will be resold to local thrift outlets, mid-grade is exported to international markets and "unusable" items are processed for raw materials.